Sumner County TN information including Community Information, Things to Do, Jobs, Schools, Vehicle Registration and Zip Code Map
Sumner Co TN
Looking for Homes for Sale in Sumner Co TN? Sumner County is experiencing explosive growth and has something to offer everyone. Whether you’re looking for a luxury lake home or a charming country cottage, or a hobby farm – you’ll find what you’re looking for here. With an abundance of affordable homes and friendly community atmosphere, it’s no wonder why this area is growing so quickly. Why do I love Sumner County? Let me count the ways…
- Proximity to all the fun in Nashville! The distance from Gallatin TN to Nashville TN is 30 miles. You can drive into Nashville via Highway 386 and I-65 in about 30 minutes depending on traffic. The western side of Sumner County is on I-65.
- Scenic Views! Sumner County is classy and elegant. It’s in the foothills, so there are rolling hills that create beautiful views. This area also has areas that are very much ‘country’ if you want to ‘get away from it all’.
- Friendly People! With all the people moving in from other states, Sumner County has somehow retained it’s Southern Charm. I recently had a client that had just moved here – and she ended up with a flat tire and was on the side of the road. She said a man stopped and changed her tire even though he was in a shirt & tie. She told me that ‘moss would have grown on her before anyone would have helped her before’. That made me feel proud to live here.
The Sumner County TN population is about 200,000 with an elevation that ranges from approximately 500′ to 1,000′. If you’re moving here, you’ll want to know about vehicle registration and tags. Want to check crime rates?Is Sumner County experiencing a Buyer’s or Seller’s Market? Check out this latest Market Report for June 2022:
Cities in Sumner Co TN
Are you considering purchasing a home in one of Sumner County’s many charming cities? If so, you’re in luck! There are plenty of great options to choose from, each with its own unique personality and benefits. Whether you’re looking for a quiet town with a hometown feel – or a city more more amenities and activities, Sumner County has something for everyone. Keep reading to learn more about the different cities within our county and find the perfect fit for you!
Sumner Co TN Communities
- Gallatin – The county seat with a population of near 45,000 on the shores of Old Hickory Lake.
- Hendersonville – The largest city in the county with a population of over 62,000. It’s also on Old Hickory Lake with an abundance of shopping, restaurants and near proximity to Nashville.
- Portland – The Strawberry Capital of Tennessee. Portland has a lot of manufacturing and is near I-65. It has a population of approximately 12,000. Located on Highway 52 and 109.
- Castalian Springs – On Highway 25 east of Gallatin, it’s a small community of less than 500 people. It’s also on Old Hickory Lake.
- Millersville – A community of approximately 6,500 people on I-65 in both Sumner and Robertson counties.
- Bethpage – WIth a much lower population of less than 300, Bethpage is the perfect place for a Hobby Farm or an affordable home with a few acres.
- White House – Located in both Sumner and Robertson counties, it has exploded in growth. It’s right on I-65. It has a population of 11,000+.
- Goodlettsville – At the junction of Sumner, Robertson and Davidson counties, it’s very near to Nashville. It’s also on I-65 with a population of about 16,000.
- Westmoreland – Small town in the northernmost part of the county. It has a population of less than 2,500. It’s located on Highway 52.
- Cottontown – It’s more an area than a ‘town’. With about 400 people, it’s located between Gallatin and White House.
Things to Do in Sumner County TN
Looking for things to do in Sumner Co TN? You’re sure to find something that interests you on this list of family-friendly activities! We’re close to all the fun and entertainment in Nashville, so there’s always something to do there. But, Sumner County offers many historic sites, parks, lake activities, golf, and great shopping. Of course, Old Hickory Lake offers many miles of shoreline in Sumner County for all those water activities that you love.
This video tells much of the history of Sumner Co…
Visit Sumner County Tourism for more fun things to do.
Interested in more History? Check out these sites...
- Rock Castle
- Mansker’s Station
- Trousdale Place
- Rose Mont
- Monthaven Art & Cultural Center
- The Palace Theatre
- Days Gone By Museum
- Sumner County Museum
River Cruises/Boat Rentals
Sumner County Parks/Trails
- Triple Creek Park/Gallatin Miracle Park
- Drakes Creek Park
- Nat Caldwell Park
- Moss-Wright Park
- Station Camp Greenway
- Sanders Ferry Park – Disc Golf
- Bledsoe Creek Historical Park
Public Golf Courses
- Long Hollow- Gallatin
- Country Hills – Hendersonville
- Dogwood Hills – Portland
- Twelve Stones – Goodlettsville
- Trinity Music City – Huckabee Taping
Looking for a Job?
Are you considering a move to Sumner County TN? If so, you’ll be happy to know that the job market is thriving. In fact, according to recent reports, the number of jobs in Sumner County has increased significantly over the past year. So, if you’re looking for a new job or simply want to explore your career options, Sumner County is definitely worth considering. With its beautiful scenery and friendly people, it’s hard not to love this charming Southern county. What are you waiting for? Get started…here are just a few of area employers.
Sumner Co TN Schools
Zip Code Map of Sumner County TN