A Vibrant Quality of Life
What’s so Great About Living in Gallatin TN? Plenty! It’s a small town just outside Nashville. It’s considered one of the best places to live in the country, and for good reason. There’s plenty to do in this vibrant community, from enjoying the arts and culture to spending time outdoors. Plus, with affordable housing and great schools, it’s no wonder Gallatin is such a popular place to call home. And if you want an exciting night out on the town, Nashville is just a few minutes away.
One major thing that is great about Living in Gallatin TN is that there are no income taxes in Tennessee. The cost of living is about 101% of the national average. In early 2022, housing is at a premium with homes selling within days of hitting the market.
The average price home in Gallatin is hard to calculate because of the abundance of lake/luxury homes in places like Fairvue Plantation and Foxland Harbor. The median price under a $750,000 price point is $349,900. The median price for luxury homes over $750,000 is about $950,000 with the largest home sold at $4,000,000.
There are many beautiful lakes in Middle Tennessee, but most of them are recreational only. Old Hickory Lake is the only one that allows for residential lots. This makes Gallatin/Hendersonville very desirable for people that want lake homes.
What’s Fun About Living in Gallatin TN?
- Lake Activities, Boating, Skiing, Fishing – There are several public boat ramps if you want to launch your own boat, or you can hire a guide for fishing.
- Private cruises on the lake for special occasions
- Historical sites – if you are interested in history, you are in the right place.
- The Gallatin Civic Center is a hub for family fun. You can swim, take swimming lessons, play at the water park, take a walk on the 4-mile trail, go mountain biking, take your pooch to the dog park, skateboard, enjoy disc golf, or visit the Miracle Park for handicapped and mobility-impaired children.
- An Active HAM Radio Club
- Squarefest – Live Music – Hot Rods – Food Trucks
- Gallatin Ghost Tours
- Calico Jack’s Boat Rentals
- Farmer Brown’s Produce and General Store
Jobs in Gallatin
Living in Gallatin TN and need a job? Many corporations call Gallatin and Sumner County home. Here are some of the larger ones in the area:
- ServPro – Disaster Restoration
- Sumner Regional Hospital – Medical
- Charles C. Parks – Grocery Distribution
- Gap, Inc. – Clothing Manufacturer
- Beretta USA – Firearms Manufacturer
- Cracker Barrel is in nearby Lebanon
- Dollar General is in nearby Goodlettsville
- Hoeganaes – Powder metallurgy
- ABC Technologies – Plastic components and systems
- NIC Global Manufacturing – Sheet Metal
- YFS Automotive – Automotive Systems
Schools in Gallatin
There are numerous public and private schools in Gallatin.
Here is an interesting concept at Volunteer State Community College – Sumner County Middle College High School where you get dual credits for high school and college.
Come to Gallatin TN – You’ll Love it Here!
There are so many great things about living in Gallatin TN. As you’ve seen, we have got a lot of family-friendly events and activities throughout the year for people of all ages to enjoy. From festivals to fishing tournaments, we have something for everyone. If you want more information on what our town has to offer or how you can get involved with one of these fun and exciting happenings, give me a call today (Pam Rumley) at 615-428-8500. Our community is always looking for new volunteers and participants alike – I hope that your next adventure takes place here. Now you know what’s so great about living in Gallatin TN!